Helping Hands Program
The Children’s Cancer Fund of New Mexico exists to help children and their families cope with the day-to-day emotional, financial, and educational needs of living with and fighting cancer.
Through our Helping Hand Program, our goals are:
- To ensure all families basic needs are being met by providing assistance with rent, utilities, food, transportation, clothing, and special needs based on each individual child.
- To grant requests from families for basic needs as their child fights cancer.
- To assist with medical needs through a gift from CHI St. Joseph’s Children.
Our Helping Hand Program touches many of our families and children in ways such as:
- Gasoline Vouchers
- Food Vouchers
- Lodging Assitance
- Car Repairs and Maintenance
- Emergency Housing
- Emergency Utilities
- Travel expenses related to treatment
- Toys and Gift Cards
- Entertainment passes for families
- Snacks and drinks at the hospital
- Counseling and Art Therapy programs
- Funeral Expenses